Completed Task 3

Part one of this task was completed in our seminar this week. Using a strip of paper separated into twelve sections, I drew a basic shape in each section. This was then put in a Praxinoscope, allowing me to view it as animation would have been viewed many years ago. After the seminar, I took pictures of the individual sections of my strip to make into frames, and digitised it into the gif below:

gif

The theme for this part of the task was ‘cycle’ by default, due to the cyclical nature of the Praxinoscope, but I made use of a circular shape in order to further enhance the theme.

Part two of this task required the creation of a short experimental stop motion video, created around the theme of cycle. For my first attempt at this I used Lego figures, as seen below:

I was not completely happy with this, because I didn’t use a tripod, and so struggled to take each picture from the same angle and distance, causing it to be very jumpy. It also doesn’t really capture the theme of cycle, so I made a second attempt using coins:

This worked slightly better than my previous attempt, as it is slower and not as jumpy, and focuses a little more on the theme of cycle. However I am still not 100% happy with it and in the future I would like to develop my animation skills more, to enable me to create better pieces of work.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s